King’s Ridge Montessori is committed to follow the Montessori method, created by Dr. Maria Montessori in the early 1900s. With a revolutionary approach, Dr. Maria Montessori complemented her students’ persistent focus by allowing them to become accustomed to ample free exploration and hands-on learning as her classroom’s norm. She chose to embrace the unique learning styles and habits that each pupil displayed from one day into the next, catering to instinctive patterns while helping each student perfect uniquely personal study strategies.
Today, Montessori students experience abstract concepts beyond traditional public school objectives alongside the core educational pillars of Mathematics, Language, Sensorial Awareness, Cultural Education and Practical Life. Instruction focuses on childhood’s formative role in sound adult development, focused on processes of observation, ample individual liberty, and environmental awareness. Teachers move smoothly among their students, not so much dispensing facts for memorization as offering gentle suggestions and helping students become accustomed to teaching themselves.
At King’s Ridge Montessori, our main goal is to offer the most nurturing and enriching program for children throughout the first six years of their lives, the age they are more eager to learn by exploring.
MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
We, at King’s Ridge Montessori, have the mission to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment to inspire an individualized lifelong love of learning in every student, every day.
The administration, staff and volunteers of King’s Ridge Montessori approach every day of learning driven by the same fixed ambitious vision: set a leading standard in trustworthy educational childcare in a superior physical learning environment.We hope to achieve better work-life balance solutions for area employers and employees through exceptional childcare and learning programs tailored to individual families.
The culture of King’s Ridge Montessori proudly champions the principles of early childhood education revolutionized in 1906 within Dr. Maria Montessori’s first classroom in Rome’s lower-income San Lorenzo district. We are devoted to the power of uniquely personal learning experiences for each child, an environment built upon self-directed activity guided by natural individual learning systems.
- Through exploration of Practical Life skills, children gain awareness of themselves, their environments, and the value of consummate care for both.
- Through Sensorial education, children better understand their immediate surroundings through deep connections with ongoing input from their five senses.
- Through exploration of Language Arts, children attain a valuable early appreciation for the intricacies of personal self-expression and how written and spoken communication has shaped human culture and history.
- Through studies of Cultural Activities, children explore history, geography, music, physical education, art and environmental care to better understand how human societies have evolved in relation to their environments and their changing dynamics.
- Finally, studying Mathematics introduces children to the universal language of human logic, fundamental concepts of numeracy, sequencing, order and arithmetic that lay foundations for all rational human thought.
We strive to always collaborate with children within personally tailored learning settings in order to teach to a substantial range of diverse talents and skills